2 days including a night pilotage exercise.
A great course for those that have undertaken the RYA Dayskipper Practical course and really want to step onto the next level.
The focus is on planning passages and entries to ports/harbours by day and night.
Passage planning, preparation for sea, pilotage, passage making and responsibility as a skipper (daylight hours), use of radar, boat handling, dealing with adverse weather conditions, dealing with emergency situations, night cruising
This course is ideal for those who want to progress their night pilotage skills, but might not yet have the experience required for the Coastal Skipper course
Boat handling to the standard of the Day Skipper practical course
Theory knowledge to the standard of the Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster™ Offshore shorebased course, a VHF/SRC certificate and first aid
2 days including 1 evening
Minimum Duration: 2 days
Minimum age 17 years old.
This course operates with a maximum of 5 students per instructor/vessel
Prices and Special Offers
£550 per person;
- 2 people at £500 p/p
- 3 people at £450 p/p
- 4 people at £400 p/p
What you need to bring, What’s Included and What’s Not!
- Passport Photograph – essential for us to issue your certificate.
- Suitable Clothing: warm clothing ie. thin thermal layers, fleece, gloves, hat as well as sunglasses and unblock.
- Suitable Footwear: Deck shoes, Boots, Trainers.
- We provide waterproof clothing – if you have your own you are welcome to use your own equipment.
- We provide lifejackets – if you have your own you are welcome to use if – it must be a minimum of 150N and have been serviced in the last 12 months.
- RYA Yachtmaster Scheme Syllabus and Logbook
- Free Use of our waterproof clothing for the weekend – You are welcome to use your own equipment if you wish however they must be suitable for boating and clean and tidy with lifejackets of a minimum of 150N serviced within the last 12 months.
- A fully serviced lifejacket – min 150N
- Boat Fuel
- Free parking at our Training Centre
- Lunch/Meals are not provided – we have a cafe onsite (open 0900-1600 daily) and there are several local shops/cafes within a short walk to purchase food.