Statement on Training
Greetings from the Compass Team – Jake and I hope that you are all as safe and well as possible it has definitely been a strange Period over the lockdown. So as the lockdown eases we thought we give you a quick update on where we are with our training courses. We will update this page routinely as restrictions change.
Stay Safe all – Jake and Kath Scott
What training can we do?
We are currently operating both Shorebased and Practical on water courses across almost all of our range. We have reduced numbers on all of our courses to enable social distancing both on board the boats and in the classrooms.
We have added new dates to almost all of our courses on our BOOK ONLINE page.
During the summer months we are focussing on RYA Powerboat Level 2 courses, VHF-SRC Radio courses, RYA Intermediate Powerboat Courses, VHF-SRC Online exams.
We will be running our RYA Advanced Powerboat Courses, Advanced Exam Prep days and Advanced exams from Mid September.
Our Shorebased navigation courses – Day Skipper Theory and Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Theory will take place October – December.
Where all attendees are from the same family or social bubble we can operate with higher numbers.
What training can we NOT do?
Due to the requirements for social distancing and the current RYA Guidance we are not able to run the following courses:
- RYA Sea Survival for Small Craft Course
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance Course
Commercial exams (Advanced Certificate of Competence) can now be conducted with strict guidance from the RYA around numbers of personnel on board and hygiene routines.
Please read the following carefully as there are a number of things that you will need to do prior to attending the course with us.
- Declaration Form: To adhere to government pandemic guidance we require you to complete our online COVID-19 Declaration form prior to attending your course. This form MUST be completed by each member of the party. You can access the form using this link: https://forms.gle/iZd7asFfwjnb6K1X7. Please be advised that you will not be able to commence training with us without completing the form.
- Student Guidance and Checklist: Please see the PDF below giving you details of the COVID-19 restrictions that we have in place in order that we can open for training. It is important that you read this guidance and work through the student checklist to ensure that you are prepared for your course.
- Equipment and Refreshments: We are encouraging students to bring and wear their own waterproof clothing and lifejackets if they have them to minimise use of our equipment and we will NOT be providing any refreshments for students during the course – please ensure that you bring sufficient refreshments with you.
- Facilities: We do have toilet facilities in our building and in the marina and whilst the marina changing rooms are open we would like to minimise their use where possible. Please come dressed correctly for your course if possible.
- COVID-19 Measures: We have a range of measures in place both ashore and afloat and we expect all student to adhere to them.
If you have any questions or concerns about your course please contact us HERE