A day onboard/afloat with one of our expert instructors to build experience and skills.
- Those who have purchased a new boat and want to become more confident,
- Those looking to improve existing skills, travel further afield,
- Getting to grips with your on board electronics systems (radar, chartplotters, beacons, AIS),
- Practicing berthing manoeuvres
- Mastering emergency procedures
Once we have received your booking we will be in touch to discuss dates/requirements.
Max 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children per booking.
99 in stock
Your instructor can introduce you to a range of subjects depending on your experience levels. We always call you to discuss your requirements beforehand so that we can plan the best training session for you.
Some areas that students typically look to cover are:
- New Boat Familiarisation
- Close Quarter Handling
- Electronics – using your on board equipment
- Passage Planning and Pilotage
- Local Area Familiarisation
- Night Navigation
- Planing speed Manoeuvres
- Emergency Procedures – MOB Recovery
- Safety – On-board Equipment
Minimum Equipment List
You will be asked to confirm on booking that your vessel has the following serviceable equipment:
Marina Based Close Quarter Handling Sessions
- Bilge pump (manual as well as electric)
- Fire extinguishers and fire blanket
- Lifejackets plus safety strops (Not necessary if you are borrowing our lifejackets)
- Man overboard recovery equipment e.g. lifering, danbouy
- VHF Radio
- Depth and Speed Guages
- Tool kit
- Engine spares – fuel/oil filters, drive belt, impeller spare oil
Coastal Channel High Speed Sessions – In addition to the equipment above vessels must also have:
- Radar reflector
- Flares for the waters in which you will use your boat
- Navigational equipment (Almanac, charts, plotter, dividers and GPS)
- First Aid kit
- Mooring warps and fenders
- Spare fuel
Own Boat Tuition Booking
Own boat tuition or delivery. Tuition / Delivery is provided on the following basis:
- The vessel is insured by the owner for loss, damage and legal liability to third parties
- The owner remains the skipper and legally responsible for the safe management of the vessel at all times (including when under tuition) and will not hold the Instructor responsible for any loss or damage.
- The owner undertakes to secure the consent of the insurers to this agreement
- Own boat tuition will only be undertaken on a vessel owned by the person attending the course
For this session you can have up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children on-board, which makes it great value.
- Please note for training conducted outside the marina these timings include lock in / lock out times.
- Customers should note that these bookings will need to be confirmed by Compass Sea School and all dates are subject to instructor availability and tides. If the date you require is not available please call us to discuss.
- All courses are both weather and tide dependent – Our instructors decision is final
Minimum Age 12 years old, 12-16’s must be accompanied by an adult,