- This event has passed.
Using Radar for collision avoidance
14/05/2020 @ 19:00 – 19:45 BST
Using your on board main radar set has 2 main uses: an aid to navigation and collision avoidance. In the second of 2 sessions we will look at using our radar for collision avoidance.
Our 30 minute FREE online training session aims to answer all of these questions giving you an Introduction or Revision to the following session content:
- Recap on basic Radar controls including VRMs, EBLs and PILs.
- Using the targeting functionality,
- How to tell if a target is on a collision course,
- Introduction to MARPA (Mini automatic Radar Plotting Aid)
- Actions to be taken if on a collision course.
To learn more about radar prior to the session check out our Radar Training Tips page HERE
Don’t forget to join us for our 1st session – Radar as an Aid to Navigation
Join Here https://bit.ly/3ab2kw2