- This event has passed.
Using Radar as an aid to navigation
12/05/2020 @ 19:00 – 19:45 BST
Using your on board main radar set has 2 main uses: an aid to navigation and collision avoidance. In the first of 2 sessions we will look at using our radar as an aid to navigation.
Our 30 minute FREE online training session aims to answer all of these questions giving you an Introduction or Revision to the following session content:
- Recap on basic Radar setup and operation.
- Using the Variable Range Markers (VRMs),
- Using the Electronic Bearing Line (EBL),
- Introduction to Parallel Indexing Lines (PIL)
- Fixing your position using Radar.
To learn more about radar prior to the session check out our Radar Training Tips page HERE
Don’t forget to join us for our 2nd session – Radar and Collision Avoidance
Join Here https://bit.ly/3ab2kw2