- This event has passed.
Tides – Calculating the right hour!
June 16 @ 19:00 – 19:45 BST
Whether you are calculating an Estimated Position, a Course to Steer or a running fix you need to be able to calculate the correct hour of tide to apply. Being able to correctly find the standard port and adjust for daylight saving and any time zone is an essential navigational skill!
Our 45 minute FREE online training session aims to give you an Introduction or Revision to the following session content:
- Almanac entries for Standard Ports & Secondary Ports
- Spring and Neap Tide entries – Red days and Blue days
- Using Tidal curve to determine Spring/Neap tides
- Universal Time, Daylight Saving time
- Calculating the right HW hour
- Selecting the tidal rate and set from a tidal diamond/atlas
If you want to find out more on how to expand your knowledge into more tidal calculations then don’t forget to join us for our Thursday session – Secondary Ports