This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
This course can also be run at your venue on a date to suit your group.
All of our courses ensure that you meet recommendations underlined by the HSE and also provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to use what you have learned in a real emergency situation.
The content of this course provides basic life saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations, covering the following:
- The role of the first aider
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing an emergency
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Communication and casualty care
- Seizures (adult)
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Unresponsive casualty
- Choking (adult)
- Defibrillator pad placement
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond
This course is highly practical and includes hand-on AED training with a training defib
TheEFAW course is ideal for:
- nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments
No prior experience is necessary
9am-4pm with approximately 45 mins for lunch
Minimum Duration: 1 day
There is no minimum age for this course however all students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult
This course operates with a maximum of 12 students per instructor
Prices, Booking and Special Offers
£95 per person;
Book for 2 people at £90 p/p or book for 3 or more at £85p/p
There are no course bundles for this course
What you need to bring, What’s Included and What’s Not!
- Pen and Notebook
- Your EFAW Handbook and Certificate (certificates are sent to students after the course and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive)
- Free parking at our Training Centre
- Free hot drinks/biscuits at our Training Centre
- Lunch/Meals are not provided but we do have a small tuckshop with snacks/cold drinks for purchase, we have a cafe onsite (open 0900-1600 daily) and there are several local shops/cafes within a short walk to purchase food.
Read more about our shorebased courses from our blog