Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This page has a range of FAQs that we hope you will find useful.
If you have any questions about your course please contact us.
Our cancellation policy can be found at HERE if you need to cancel your course please contact us for more details
Please contact us using our online form (CONTACT US) and provide: your name, course name and date – we can then resend your booking conformation email to you.
We endeavour to accommodate course changes and appreciate as much notice as possible. Unfortunately we are not always able to accommodate course change requests. If you need to change a course date please call us as soon as possible on 07788 185382. Changes are part of our course cancellation policy see above
Safety is paramount for all training courses. We are fortunate to operate in a relatively sheltered training area however on occasion the weather may be outside our operating limits and courses may need to be postponed/cancelled. A decision on any postponements / cancellations will be made at least 24 hours in advance of any course start time. Delegates will be notified by email.
- We use the on site changing facilitates / shower rooms at Inverness Marina for our practical courses.
- We use the on site changing facilities at Inverness Leisure centre for the practical pool drill during our Sea Survival Courses.
Delegates are not able to change their booking themselves once it has been confirmed – to add more delegates to your booking please contact us and we can arrange that for you.
Our courses run at a number of different locations – please check your booking email for details on your course location. If you are in doubt about where to go please contact us on 07788 185382.
- The majority of our courses start at 0900hrs and are finished approx. 1700/1800 hrs.
- Please check your booking email for accurate details of your course timings.
- Courses that conduct night navigation exercises will finish a few hours after sunset.
Our courses are accredited by a number of training organisations who set the course durations and number of sessions. If you arrive after the course has started, need to leave early or can not attend all of the designated sessions then we will not be able to issue your course certificate.
Our main training locations offer free parking
- We offer free tea/coffee refreshments within our main training centre and the majority of our classroom locations.
- For on water courses we suggest that you bring your own refreshments.
- We do not have on site café facilities – except for courses running at Inverness Leisure Centre.
- There are no cafe’s / shops onsite at Inverness Harbour or Inverness Marina or in walking distance.
- There are 2 petrol stations (Esso and BP) with on site shops, a Gregg’s and a number of portable food outlets within a short drive of the main training centre.
- Cafe V8 Truck Stop (https://www.cafev8.com/) is a short drive from both the marina and harbour office.
- There is a Co-Op supermarket and small café a short drive from Caley Marina.
- We provide high quality Gill waterproof clothing for all practical courses.
- You are welcome to use your own clothing however it must be suitable for being afloat.
- We provide waterproofs in either Adult M or L size – if you require any other sizes please call us and we will endeavour to accommodate your request.
- We do not permit delegates to wear buoyancy aids for any afloat activities.
- If you wish to wear your own lifejacket it must be a minimum of 150N, an automatic or hydrostatic firing mechanism, in good working order and have been serviced in the last 12 months.
- We do not provide any warm clothing for delegates.
- We recommend you bring with you warm clothing ie. thin thermal layers, fleece, gloves, hat.
- Clothes that are quick drying are preferable to jeans.
- We recommend that you wear multiple thin layers.
- We do not provide delegate footwear.
- Footwear is important so deck shoes or non-slip trainers with non marking soles are advised.
- Boating can be a wet activity so waterproof footwear is preferable.
- Please make sure that you meet any defined course pre-requisites prior to attending.
- We are always happy to chat with your about which course is best for you call us 07788 185382
- We do not provide accommodation for any of our training courses.
- There are a number of local hotels / Air B&B’s / Booking.com / campsites to choose from that cater for all budgets.