Looking for something to keep the kids amused during the School Holidays??? LOOK NO FURTHER!
We are operating 2.5 hour Junior Powerboat Taster Sessions at Portishead Quays Marina where your kids can have the opportunity to drive one of our power boats & learn essential crewing and water safety skills taught by our expert instructors
Our instructors are passionate about teaching and ensuring that all kids grow up understanding how to stay safe in our coastal environment and these sessions are aimed at building kids’ confidence on and around the water.
- Get the opportunity to getting afloat on one of our powerboats,
- Learn how to safely act as crew,
- Learn how to safely start and stop the boat,
- Learn how to correctly operate the engine kill cord.
- Learn how to raise the alarm and what to do if they see someone in trouble in the water,
- Learn some essential maritime knots, and
- Have a go at driving the boat themselves under the watchful eyes of our expert instructors.
Everyone will stay inside the boat or on the pontoons at all times – no Juniors will be entering the water.
This taster session is ideal for:
- 8-11 Year olds who want to try Powerboating.
No prior boating experience is necessary.
Courses run at various times and are 2.5 hours in duration -courses usually run in the school holidays.
Minimum age 8 years old – maximum age 15 years.
Prices and Special Offers
£50 per person;
Book for 2 people at £45p/p or book for 3 or more at £40 p/p
What you need to bring, What’s Included and What’s Not!
- Suitable Clothing: warm clothing ie. thin thermal layers, fleece, gloves, hat as well as sunglasses and unblock.
- Suitable Footwear: Deck shoes, Boots, Trainers.
- We provide waterproof clothing – if you have your own you are welcome to use your own equipment.
- We provide lifejackets – if you have your own you are welcome to use if – it must be a minimum of 150N and have been serviced in the last 12 months.
- Free Use of our waterproof clothing for the weekend – You are welcome to use your own equipment if you wish however they must be suitable for boating and clean and tidy with lifejackets of a minimum of 150N serviced within the last 12 months.
- A fully serviced lifejacket or buoyancy aid
- Boat Fuel
- Lunch/Meals are not provided.
- Marina Parking – Portishead Quays Marina now operate parking charges in their car park managed through ANPR cameras. The first 15 mins is free with each hour costing £1 up to 6 hours. To park for between 6 and 24 hours costs £7. Payment can be made at the machines using coins or using paybyphone site number 79021. Failure to comply will result in a Parking Charge of £100
Kids Powerboat Blogs
Read more about powerboating from our blog