The SRC exam fee is £60 and covers the cost of the examiner and the administration of processing and issuing the certificate exam. This fee is payable to the RYA and is separate to the fee that you pay for the training course.
Please ensure that you print out your Exam Application form in A4 landscape and bring it with you on the day of your exam.
You will also require a Passport sized photograph for us to process your exam application to the RYA.
Exam Application and Fee
There are a number of ways you can apply for the exam and pay the exam fee.
1. Online payment by debit or credit card
- The preferred method is to pay online which streamlines both the payment process and the issuing of your certificate following the exam.
- Prior to taking the exam, use the RYA online exam payment system to pay for the exam and receive a personalised exam application form. Print this out and take it with you to the exam, together with your eligibility documents and passport sized photo.
- The card payment does not need to be in your name, and no payment details are recorded against your account. If you need help completing the online payment please see the help notes in ‘Related documents’.
2. Payment by cheque
If you wish to pay by cheque, prior to the exam download and complete the application and payment form available in ‘Related documents’.
Indicate on the form that payment is being made by cheque. If the cheque is not in the exam candidate’s name, write the candidate’s name on the back of the cheque. Take the completed form, together with your eligibility documents and passport sized photo to the exam.
3. If your Company / Employer is paying
If your company / employer is paying or we have agreed to pay for your exam through our training account you still need to complete the online application form and select payment by cheque/training centre account.